Texas A&M University-San Antonio will be continuing our valued tradition of honoring the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., by participating in the annual City of San Antonio, MLK Jr. March. We are looking for spirited Jaguars passionate for civil justice and equality to participate with us in this year's event. The march will begin at the MLK academy located at 3501 MLK Drive; please follow the meet-up instructions below to discern where to arrive the day of the event.
Instructions for those utilizing the campus shuttle:
- March check-in will begin at 8:15 a.m. with bus departure at 9:00 a.m. sharp
- Please arrive between 8:15 and 8:45 to fill out release paperwork and receive your march exclusive shirt
- The campus shuttle meet-up point will be in Parking Lot #2, alongside the West SciTech entrance.
- We will be dropped off at the MLK march start point, to meet up with our team located in March Group #13.
- Return shuttle service to campus will be available after the march. Please follow the A&M-SA group to Porter Memorial Christian Church in order to take advantage of this service. The return campus shuttles will depart at 12:15.
Instructions for those meeting us at the march:
- St. Phillips College, in partnership with VIA, will be providing parking and shuttle service in Lot #22, located at 1801 MLK drive (Lot #22 is located at Montana and Mittman streets)
- Shuttle service to the march start point will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Upon arrival at the St. Phillip's parking lot, please locate the A&M-SA feather flag and check in with our march representatives. They will provide you with your march exclusive shirt and release paperwork
- When departing the shuttle, look for the A&M-SA feather flags and march t-shirts in March Group #13. We will be hard to miss!
- Return shuttle service to Lot #22 will be available after the march, alongside the celebration at Pittman-Sullivan park.
An event shuttle to and from the Texas A&M University-San Antonio campus will be made available for participants. Please indicate in your registration if you wish to take advantage of this transportation opportunity.Please submit your registration by 1/20/2019.