ELL (English Language Learner) students have been in the United States for less than a year and are adapting to a new culture, community, and education system. Service learners who choose this role will work one on one with stends in the classroom to ensure the success of students at Seattle World school.
Responsibilities can include
- One on one tutoring
- providing support for teachers as a teachers aid
- grading papers
- practicing English conversation
- providing support in classes such as biology, algebra, literature, English, art, etc.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Encourage students academic enrichment by providing quality tutoring
- Supports teachers and staff on program days
- Establish and maintains effective, working relationships with students, teachers, and staffs
- Exhibits a genuine nurturing, caring attitude to all children
- Maintains a positive attitude of working together with teachers, volunteers, parents and program specialists in planning and implementing activities